Monday, December 28, 2009

Memory Lane : Varsity Life



When I walked the grounds of University of Chiang Mai (UniCM) ... especially the Humanities School and the Tourism & Hotel Faculty .... it really reminded me of my varsity days ....

I know I am still a student and still going to school, live in the hostel .... but a college and a varsity .... different feeling la ... perhaps UniCM has similarities with USM ... hilly .... lots of trees .... the leaves on the field ...

I remember how I use to drive from Minden gate up through the hilly slopes, pass the Chancellor's Residence ... thru Pusat Seni .... Social Science and Humanities School and right up to the School of Mass Comm .... going thru the hills and slope .... if the season is right ... I will drive thru flame of the forest or yellow or purple flowers (dono what's the name) ... syyoookkk ... but malam2 ... scare want pass thru Pusay Seni cos ppl say its haunted ..:0...

Off course one cannot forget the beauty of Penang Bridge that we can see from the top of the hill and just outside the Chancellor's Residence. This is THE spot for pat tor ... as well a good spot for Quiet Time --- u can catch the sunset from here .... the full moon ... wow ... cantik & menawan and the view of the sea ... USM has a very romantic setting and feel to it ... This scenic view is so clear in my mind now but m sure if I were to go back to USM now, it will somehow look different.

Yes, I had good sweet memories of USM and varsity days .... those were happy carefree days that is full of fun and crazy stuff .... I would ride my Yahama 80 all over the island -- to hunt for food .... to have a break .... or to look for inspiration for my assignment or shots for my Photo J paper ....

Those years seem to have influenced the way I think and see things now ... reading in between the lines and critical, analytical mind .... the impact of Zaharom Nain and Kamal Mustapha (or something like that his name ... I rber him as a gold fish eye man .... tall and lanky). They really helped me to see things beyond the surface .. oh yes ... how can I forget Pn Zaharah who taught me Critical Reading & Writing ... Shakila (Kamal Mustapa's wife)

Meanwhile, UniCM has a lake, it over looks the mountains and the School of Humanities has lots of man made water fountains. Lots of motorbikes around as well .... typical USM in the 90s.....

Guess all of us will be proud of our own schools and have found memories our times when we were in school .... :0 There is indeed a time and season for everything .... and I thank God for my time and season in USM!

No comments: