Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pastors At Greater Risk - HB London, Neil B Wiseman


This book is written in an American context and I can imagine what Ajeng will say --- modern day of imperialism ....forcing their ideology thru books .... lolz ....

However we cannot deny that what happens in the west some how will reach us here .. so, I find that some sections may not be that real and intense picture of what is happening among the clergy here but let's just say that this book can a warning to us ... that the situation and condition of the clergy if we do not take care, will jolly well happen to us ... and i would say that to a certain extend it has reach our shores .... the picture painted is real and happening even in our society and circle ....

The only problem I have with this book is that it's not balanced .... whereby the author presents only the view and problems based on his assumption that pastors are male .... though he tries to balance his book on a discussion on pastor's wife ... the lady clergy issues and pastor's husband problems is silent ....

Having said this ... I would say this this book is an excellent book to read and reflect on before we write or final FE paper ... our ministry stand .. this book has post many challengers to me and at the same time place some things for me to wrestle with .... to prepare me before I step in ....

There are some practical and good suggestions on how to overcome problems .... basic problems of burn out ....

But net2 ... what I take out of this book is to pursue personal holiness which is the foundation of my walk, journey, my calling .... my ministry ....

"When a pastor gives first priority to personal holiness, he'll be astounded at what he's able to accomplished in his ministry".

Betul tak? So simple yet so hard ... this is the paradox of life ....

M still chewing .... the final thing will come out in my FE paper ... :0

No comments: