Thursday, December 24, 2009

Women & Stress (Jean Lush)



Hahahha ... y I picked this book up from the store .. I dono .... well perhaps I needed the book since the someone told me that I am stressed. But i would like to equip myself with a variety of readings to understand and have a bigger perspective of the things that I might need to deal and handle in the future vocation ....

Anyway, what I found helpful in this book was the list of things that make us tensed : 1. anger 2.painful emotions 3. low self esteem 4.grief 5.recapitulation 6.job stress 7.unmet needs 8.parenting pressures 9.hormonal pressures 10.menopause

I was reminded on hormonal changes that ladies go thru late 30s-early 40s ....and I could say .... aaahhhh ... no wonder I was feeling like this ..... :0 ...hehhehehe .... I remember going thru some changes late 20s and early 30s ... now its time for my body to go thru changes again .... so, another timely reminder .... changes are happening to me physically as well ...

The section on grief .... quite sad .... make me tear ... maybe cos the experience was still quite fresh on the author's memory ... so, can feel the raw emotions ... or maybe m at the hormonal transition stage ... lol ...

Was this book that helpful? In some ways ..... it created an interest for me to read up more on one or two sections further ...... God used certain part of this book to minister to me .... :0

No comments: