Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Blessing of Books On Sale ...



Yesterday, Maria Ling brought out her collection of books to sell to the students in TTC. The books are really cheap .. sold on per page ... ie 2cents per page ... There was a variety of books on sale ... from theological books, commentaries .... missions .... Bibles etc .... though the books are 2nd hand, they are almost as good as new .....

For me .... I have enough of text books and the Lord knows the books that I need and have been eying for quite some time ....... :0 so, now, through this, I am the happy owner of John Bevere books which I have been wanting to buy but they are a little expensive in Malaysia - Bait of Satan by John Bevere .... about RM50+ per book. I bought :

a) John Bevere : Bait of Satan, A Heart Ablaze, Under Cover, The Devil's Door, The Voice of one Crying

b) Seasons under the Sun - stories of grace .. this is for my preaching collection of stories

c) All the Women in the Bible - dono why I pick this up .. well who knows ... someday I might use it and appreciate it

d) The New Inductive Study Bible - New American Standard Bible.This is another thing that I have been looking for. Sure, I have been doing a collection of different versions of Bible but this is a special purchase -- i) the fonts are friendly to my eyes ..:0 ii) I have been hearing what the King James say, The Living and NIV ..... I have been looking for another version to use as my regular Bible reading and wow .... I get this ... 2nd hand --- but the Bible ... not a single page is any marks or lines.... so it is really very very new ... the bonus ... it's a study Bible .... PTL ... I've got a new version to explore as I chew on my daily manna .....


For 8 books .... I only paid $31!

Its a blessing from God indeed ... now .. to find time to read the books! ..:0

Thanks Maria for making this blessing possible .....

1 comment:

Maria said...

Thanks, Eng Ing, for the opportunity to bless you all. Another student said the same thing to me, that at Vesper he wanted to take the opportunity to thank God for a text book he got which was still in the plastic wrap and he is using it this semester!

The various Bibles I have - one reason many have no markings is because they are not my primary bible. I used them when preparing sermons in order to compare translations. I won't live long enough to read all the versions but what you missed, turned out to be another's blessing - Danny Salim bought the Spiritual Formation Bible (Richard Foster).

PS another sale is coming up, soon. Keep your ears opened and my "FEED MY CHILDREN FUND" full!