Friday, January 1, 2010

To Live Is Christ, To Die Is Gain ....



I started again using Oswald Chambers famous My Utmost for His Highest for my devotion after miss placing the book that last year. I was so proud of the book and enjoying the book that I carried it with me everywhere I go .... but one fine day .... it disappeared .... dono where I put.... LOL ... So, when I saw the book in the Glad Sound, I knew I had to buy it!

As I read the first reflection, Chambers was throwing the challenge giving our very best in obedience to His Highest --- God deserves our utmost devotion and worship.

How God draw us to Him is this : "God's order has to work up to a crisis in our lives because we have not heed the gentler way. He brings us to the place where He asks us to be our utmost for Him, and we begin to debate; then He produces a providential crisis where we have to decide -- for or against, and that point the "Great Divine" begins. If crisis has come to you on any line, surrender your will to Him absolutely and irrevocably."

Paul made his stand - to live is Christ, to die is gain (Phil 2:21).

When I read this reflection, it brings me to the my own reflection time during the silent retreat where I reflected on my life journey. 39.5 years have gone by and I have to say that my life journey on earth has been tough ... hard ... challenging ... it has not been easy 39.5 years ... Yes, God does place crisis in our path in order to get out attention ... cos we are just too deaf, drown in the sea of our own world, our own life that we cannot hear Him ......

I recall that morning in my favourite hut where I did my reflection - I wrote in my journey ---- "my body bears the mark of the Cross. I deny myself and carry my cross to follow Him --- sometimes carry my cross has not been easy, sometimes the cross is heavy ... but I have not regretted my decision that I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back! :O"

And now .... I echo the words of Paul -- for me to live is Christ, to die is gain. Indeed its no longer that I live but Christ that lives in me and the live which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved e and gave Himself for me (Gal 2:20) This is my theme for 2010 ... pray that I by faith let LIFE live and flow through me .....

And .... for Him who gave His LIFE for me .... yes .. He deserves my utmost ..... 2010 is going to be another challenging journey .... may my body continue to bear the marks of the Cross

No comments: