Sunday, January 24, 2010

TTC Methodist Student Retreat

Our faithful room-mate who travels to more countries then me ............ but needs a shower .. hehehhe ..:-)


This is our final time attending Methodist Retreat ....

Every year, the Methodist Chaplain of TTC will organize a retreat for us, students and this is my 3rd time attending it ...

The first 2 years was in NATLY. The first year was organized by Angie's batch and last year was by my batch. We had great fun organizing it .... Sam was a very good leader, hard working ... pulling us and putting us, his team and the whole retreat into place. Pris was GREAT thinking of all the crazy2 games to play ... it was bashed up FUN! ..

Memories from last year & last year's organizing comm ....

This year, the experience was different .. off cos, the place is also different ... but the place where we went this year is just 5mins drive from TTC ... its very serene and quiet ... :) ... Bishop Solomon and Dr Wilfred Ho's message was smashing! Challenging!!! It's a warning .... But also encouraging ....

It's amazing how the lesson from my QT in the morning was "... service is the overflow of superbounding devotion; but profoundly speaking, there is no call to that, it is my own little actual bit and is the echo of my identification with the nature of God. God gets me into a relationship with Himself whereby I understand His call, then I do things out of sheer love for Him on my own account" (O.Chambers).

Our service (ministry) is the outcome or outpouring of our relationship, our devotion, our love and our passion for God.

I am reminded that I have to be intentional -- in my love and relationship with God. Aunty to me last Sun when I visited her that if I cannot intentionally connect myself to God and draw from Him daily ... let Him be my source .... I may as well not go into full time ministry ....

Hence, Bishop Solomon's message was a message that God had planted in my heart past whole week. I have to be intentional in my walk with the Lord. I have to intentionally keep my flame and love affair with Him burning by intentionally spending time with Him ... the enemy do not want our whole heart and life ... he wants us bit by bit ... by the time we know it ... we are already at decay stage! From personal experience, I say that the enemy will not give us poison to eat but will give us candy or chocolate to eat but inside the candy or chocolate ... its poison ... by the time we finish sucking the candy .... its already too late ... the poison already went into our blood stream .

The peak for the retreat for me (or at least Pris, Li and I) is the final "surprise" night ... we wanted to find out what was the surprise but Raymond refuse to tell us ... we threatened him that if he don't want to tell us ... we will "surprise" by not attending the session ... :0 ... but off course, we were pleasantly "surprise-ed" by him and God .... we had a solid one full hour of just worship and then intercession ... Pris, Li and I cornered the back of the room .. it was "raining heavily" at the back of the room right from the 1st song in the worship to the end ... and when Raymond asked us the pray for the nation we come from ... oooo .... it "thundered" and "stormed". I really broke down and wept for my nation .... confirmed ... I know in my heart that my time is over here ... I need to go home .. I need to go back to my country .... something is happening in my country ... I need to increase my intercession for my land ... God is visiting my nation and part of my call is to be there ... to be part of the team when revival takes place! I am coming home ..... if no one is the watch man for the home, city or country ... it who will give warning when the enemy comes to attach and to plunder the home/city/country?

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. (Eze 22:30) --- I am reminded of this verse and my commitment to God few years back .....

After this time, we had a hilarious session .... oooo ..... we laughed so much till our tummy feels that its bursting .... I have to say that my cute classmate ... He's the hero man!! He is super good in imitating and acting out lecturers .... the best part is ... he gladly does it to entertain us ... and oh yes, he's also a "good" dancer ... every year sure kena go up the stage to perform! Susanto! We will always remember you ... thanks for making us laugh so much and for being so super sporting!

Li, Pris and I ended the night .. the 3 of us praying in our room and we cried again ... :0

The feeling is awesome and yet quite tiring ... from crying to laughing to crying .... but the feeling is GOOD!

Dr Wilfred Ho's profound message - what do I want to be -- a swimmer or a floater in God's sea? A swimmer is someone who swims with all his might and talent ... and floater .. is one who floats in God's sea and allow God to lead, guide and enable me to reach my final destination! Question : do I float with God or do I go around busy planning and organizing my life, the ministry ....

Guess .. this is going to be one precious memory that comes with TTC that I will keep in my heart ...

No comments: