Friday, February 5, 2010

Dew From Heaven ...


This is the second time in this term that Sau Ching and I went to the lake to do our QT. Last Sat was the 1st. We left TTC at 645am but today, we wanted to be earlier because we wanted to enjoy the sound of nature and stillness of the morning without people around. We realize that people start to come in after 730am.

So, off we set ... 630am and the Lord was so good. The sky is not as dark as last week though we are earlier because He gave us moon light to help us see where we are going.

In the stillness of the morning, 2 thoughts came ;
a) Brought memories when I was in Station in Life, Lahat Datu of how very early every morning I will be sit behind the school to receive dew from heaven. The sunrises much earlier in LD -- 6am. So, its bright enough.

It is then that the word that came was my soul have to be still before the Lord every morning to receive nourishment and be refreshed like the dew to the grass of the field. God cannot nourish my soul and refresh me if I am always moving about or there is restlessness within me ... like the dew, it will fall off if the wind blows or outside disturbances.

To receive this nourishment and renewal in my soul, I have to catch it early in the morning before it gets hot and the dew evaporates away in the heat of the day.

"I will be to Israel like a refreshing dew from heaven. Israel will blossom like the lily; it will send roots deep into the soil like the cedars in Lebanon. Its branches will spread out like beautiful olive trees, as fragrant as the cedars of Lebanon. (Hosea 14:5-6)

b) Morning will surely come .. God is faithful that He will bring night to an end, no matter how long, how dark and how cold the night may be .. but surely it will come to an end and dawn will break forth ....

For those who are and have been waiting for breakthrough and a certain situation to come to an end, do not loose hope. Dawn will surely come .... God is faithful and is still in charge. Let is wait in expectation the new morning that He will bring ...... Indeed my soul waits for the Lord more than the watchman wait for the morning (Ps 130 :5). As the psalmist cries, so my inner most being cry to the Lord as well :

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." (Ps 90:14)

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (Ps 143:8)

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." (Ps 5:3)
Indeed morning will dawn and evening will fade, You call forth songs of joy (Ps 65:8) .....
My soul will wait in stillness, in anticipation, in expectation for the dawn to come, for morning to break ..... for the songs of joy that You will bring .....

No comments: