Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lead Me Lord 2


Besides going through my journals, I also went through my Bible .... and notice a similar prayer and word that I keep praying ... the words that is written all over my journal and all over my Bible from 2004 onwards is simply, "show me Your ways, teach me Your path .."

11 Jun 04 :
Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn (Ps 5:8)

16 Jun 04 :
Show me the path where I should walk, OLord,
point to me the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for You are God who saves me
All day long I put my hope in You (Ps 25:4-5)

It was as though God responded to the depths of my cry and gave me Ps 32:8 in 19 Jul 04 & again in 20 Jul 09 as I seek for directions after TTC.
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway of life.
I will advise you and watch over you. (Ps 32:8)

Again, this was my desperate cry to the Lord in Jan - May 2009 in my challenging moments. My prayer was simply that God will :
Teach me Your ways O Lord,
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart, that i may honor You (Ps 86:11)

So, as winds of change blows strongly now in my life, as I am going to take another step of faith ... into His path ... this desperate cry for God's direction to lead me into His path and set my feet firm in His path is still echoing within me .... and Yes .... I want to honor His name .. I want to glorify His name with my life.

Paul told me back in Mar/Apr 2007, at the time when I am about to enter into TTC :
a) Always seek ways how to bless people and be a blessing to them
b) Pursue and chase after God
c) Have fun

Guess these words are still relevant to me today .... :0 as I pray, Lead me on Lord ... into Your path ... which is the best for me ... lead me to Your Cross .... He have been faithfully leading me step by step .... and I know ... He will continue to lead me on .....

A song lyrics that I found online which expresses the words from my heart :

Here we stand
At a crossroads again
Like you said
In time the seasons change

Looking back
We recall the blessing and the pain
But now we turn our hearts toward
What is still to come
We want to dream again


Lead us Lord
Into a life of fruitfulness
Prepare our hearts to risk again
As we trust
Taking simple steps of obedience we know
That you will lead us Lord




No comments: