Monday, April 5, 2010

Movie Time!!

You must think that I am crazy and very free ... I have a 5000 words paper needs to be done and 2 more major paper, not to mention still managing the changes for the magazine .... all due 30 Apr and I can still gala go over night cycling and now ... out for movies (mind you .. my head was still spinning in the afternoon) ....


Why would I go ... I guess it was a choice that I need to make. My dear friends have been trying to get me watch movie with them ever since I came to TTC but have never made it .. till last night .. my dear friends also took the trouble to change the date of the movie night out and the movie to watch to my convenience .. such great friends who really want to have so fun time out with me ... how can I but to join them right? Thanks friends for making room for me ...


So, at the peak of assignment craze and deadline madness .... we decided to be crazy ourselves and just chill out! Tu running directly from his shower greeted Andreas, Pei Yi, Candy, Lily and I in B2 .. yes.. he is late again and not picking up our call cos he is on "m late .. running running mode" ... his normal weekly CPE mode ....


Off we go ... hehehehe .... we meet Dr Simon Chan .... he said that we are looking suspicious .. and Dr Lim who saw us instantly knew that we are going for movies ... but ... look .. we are not the only ones sneaking out from TTC in this heated hour of deadlines .... lo and behold .. we saw a whole gang of guys from F4 .. and sudden additional members to give Uncle Tan farewell dinner (??!!!) ... wow super early leh .... one month ... and farewell meal di ... or its just an excuse to go have good meal and just to relax .... :0...


Well, God was good to us ... we went to Causeway Point to catch the movie because we heard that it is $6 for students on weekdays but when we reach there, we found out that it's valid till 6pm. We still get our tickets at $6 because Michael gave us 2 free tickets to off set! Yeah!!! God's blessing .... I also found out that if you are 55 and above, you only need to pay $4! Not bad right .... hehhehe ... wish can bring Mom ... but surely it'll be too cold and toilet too far away ....


Through out the movie .... we can hear 2 voices ... a friend of ours and a little who talks non stop because super expressive and excited over the many scenes in the movie ... especially the mushy scenes .... hehheheh .... and we all know who the person is right .... :0 .. yup ... she's my sister!

We also found our own Toothless and Hick Up among us ...:) guess who??? hehheheh....

After the movie, we hanged out in McD for drinks and fries .... thanks Li!

The movie we watched : How To Train Your Dragon (but to Susanto's version is - how to train your son... :)




Review :
The show .. good laugh ... no brainer show ... just sit, enjoy and laugh .. but the show has strong traces of Chicken Little story line in it .... a single father who strong and successful father with a tiny son who has so long been an embarrassment .. until he found fame in "conquering" dragons.

Hick-Up reminds me also of little Jabez where he is also the tiny one in the family and he may also feel how Hick Up feel .... the loner ... not accepted in the society ... but for Jabez it his prayer that made a difference in his life. For Hick Up .. it was his soft gentle heart and his brains .....

Moral of the story .... every person has a special gift or talent .... no matter how "weird" the person behave or look ....

How do we befriend, accept and embrace the "weird" people in around us? Do they need to do a spectacular, to proof to us ... before we would love them?

Jesus love them all the same .... and I pray that we will learn to love those whom we and our society stereotype as "different".

No comments: