Sunday, April 11, 2010

Romancing Viet Food .....

What I did last Sat evening will most likely be the last time am doing it...... I have 3 more weeks in TTC....

When my dear friend comes back from her business trips, she sometimes get her cab to detour to Upper Bkt Timah to pick me up. She so kelian this "prisoner" that has to come "rescue" the "prisoner" for a while .... set the 'prisoner" free for awhile ... like bird set free from cage ....

So, last Sat, on her way back from the airport, she asked her cab to detour to pick me up .... for fresh Vietnam authentic food directly from HCM. She bought them before she got on the plane!!

It's my first time eating it ... and i really really love Vietnam food ... fresh ... green ... lots vegie and the sos ... pengsan u eat it ... the chili ... strange .. their chili is orangie color rather than red ... but pedas .. spicy ....

First, I tried a bit of their kuih .... a cross between our seri muka and kuih lapis .... green pandan flavored on the top but layered with green pea paste ... not bad .... close to seri muka minus the glutinous rice layer ....

Then, I had Banh Boe ... something something made of rice powder .... or its more like glutinous rice powder ... and you mix something something together with it and pour the magic sauce over it .... bam!!! Super yummy!!!!

Dear friend toasted the mini french loaf, fried scramble egg and made the mini french loaf scramble egg sandwich .... which she added this mixture of carrot and radish marinated with vinegar or lime. WOW! The bread ... superb! Make u want some more ....

Next, I had this keow teow looking noddle with some vegie, Vietnam luncheon meat and mint leave ... then u pour another type of Vietnamese magic sauce over it and BAM~!!! Another yummy food!!!!

So, it was a special occasion for me because I know that this is going to be the last time my dear friend will pick me up from the airport to her house ... and its most likely I'll get to enjoy this Vietnamese food fresh from HCM .... JB will be far to enjoy this .....

My friend now diversify .... from Pet Shop good ... now she brings in fake eye lashes.... whc she is tying to get me to use for convo ..... which I do not want to look farni when the fake lash fall off! Imagine pastor so vain wearing fake lashes!!! It takes some ppl 1min to wear it ....

I have to say that i LOVE viet food ... thanks friend for introducing this to me and bringing it right to my door step!


No comments: