Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Interesting Truth on Prayer : Matt 6:8


Prayer is something that still puzzle me till today. Though I will say that part of my calling to be a prayer warrior for the Lord, though I've got so many testimonies on how God answered my prayers, I am where I am today because of the prayers, cries and tears of many people .. and even ones that have gone ahead of me (Grand ma ... maternal) ....

I still recognize that prayer is something puzzling to me and I enjoy the fact that it is puzzling .. Like ... how come God takes soooooooo long to answer my prayer or how come God did not answer my prayer the way I prayed .... Why is it so? .... because God is God and His ways are higher than ours, His thoughts are just not our thoughts (Is 55:9). If I can completely know how God works .. then I must be the same as God or part of the Trinity ....

I am glad that my Father keep it that way -- to remind me that I am mere human, He is God, He is in charge / Sovereign ... and He is able to do / work the impossible ... so that His will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

... and this is how my Father keeps my life exciting ... and heart beat skips ... or races ... :-) or else I will surely complain life is too boring ... too predictable ... what else is there in life ...

Just over CNY, God interestingly showed to me (again) how true is His promise in Matt 6:8b {... for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." (Matt : 6:7-8) } ... and this is how the story goes ....

About 1-1.5yrs ago .. Mom once again tried to close a land deal .. though we have told her many times to "retire" ... but she loves her job just too much to stop doing. So, in the attempt to close the deal, the buyer suddenly pulled out of the deal after Mom introduced the seller to him. The buyer is a well known professional in Sitiawan and a Christian as well. This buyer is someone Mom had many many deals with in the past and can be considered Mom's friend ...

But not long after that Mom discovered that the buyer went direct to the seller and bought the land .. Mom called the buyer for "introductory fee" which he denied Mom .. but eventually gave Mom 2k .. the thing is .. the deal's "introductory fee" was rmXXk!!

Mom was very frustrated and disappointed .. through this deal, Mom really gave up her beloved job .... that was like at least 1.5years ago ...

Then suddenly 2 weeks just before CNY, Mom suddenly got a call from this buyer ... who asked Mom to initially guess who he was ... he said ... ooo ... m so and so (just the surname) and I will come to your house this CNY to give you an ang-pow ... Mom immediately replied that she does not want an ang-pow (after all, rm100 or rm200 is also an ang pow right ... that's what Mom said) .. Mom immediately asked for half of RMXXk ...

Hoho ... low and behold .. this buyer came to the house just before CNY to deliver in cash the amount!!

Now ... why the $$ suddenly "dropped" from heaven? ... This is how our Father knows our needs even before we ask .. and this is how our Father takes care of us ... and provides for us .. His children ....

With Mom's condition ... Mom surely needs the cash to pay medical bills as well as to hire a maid .... so, indeed our Father knows best and will surely look into the needs of His children even before His children know we have that need!

Thank You .... for taking care of me ... for looking into the details of my need ... and for providing all that I need .. though I may not even know that I need them ....
Glory to God be the glory!!!

No comments: