Friday, March 4, 2011

The Left Behinds

It has been four years since I last met up with her. We had lunch to catch up ..... from a grieving, bitter and struggling widow, from a moody widow to one that is bubbly with the joy of the Lord as her strength ... from one possessive mother for fear of loosing another, clinging to the son as replacement of what the husband used to be to her ... to one who depends on Jesus instead of men ...

Gone were the days of a sensitive widow of tears, gone were the traces of loneliness, sleepless nights, staring at the ceiling and asking "why" "why do you have to leave me .. why do you have to go ... why can't you fight and pull through for us ... angry cos you are selfish to leave me alone to continue this journey and to raise up our teenage rebellious son alone ... why God has to take you home, why does this have to happen to our family" ...

Meeting up with her reminds me that the pain and sorrow of losing someone we love dearly is real .... How do we, the left behinds continue our journey without the loved one along side us ... this journey will be made easier when we turn to God for comfort, help and our source of strength to go on comes from Him ... just like my friend ...

Having said this ... its OK to grief .. its OK to cry .. think all of us need time out to grief and cry ... all of us need space to say our goodbyes ...

But how we, the left behinds move on ... will all depend on who's hands do we cling on to as we continue our journey here ... till we meet again face to face ...

The song ....I will Rise comes to mind as I reflect on this issue ... let the left behinds rise when He calls our name ....


And I Will Rise when he calls my name
No more sorrow, No more pain
I Will Rise, on Eagle's wings
Before my God fall on my knees,and rise
I Will Rise


No comments: