Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SPM Result

Though I do not have many youth who got their SPM results today .. the few of them getting their results is already enough to make my heart beat double this morning as I wait for them to SMS me their results ... like any other parent who do not know what is WAIT ... I sms/started calling them by 930am ... when I did not get any news .. :0....

My heart rejoices with those who did very well ... Praise the Lord ... I believe that God blessed your hard work, the consistent study times, the late nights when you needed to catch up or finish your revisions ... yes .. may you continue to work hard and study smart .... and honor the Lord with your studies ... give Him the glory and praise because He held you with His righteous right hand and carried you through your stress and challenging moments when you had to face the exam giant...

For those who did not do so well .... my heart cries with you as well ... dears, still give thanks ... for you know that God was also with you ... He also was there with you when you did your revisions, as you struggle to write the answers in your exams .... or when you started to panic last minute because you did not discipline yourself enough to organize your revision and prepare for your exams .... deep down in your heart, you knew the effort that you did put into your studies ... you know where your heart and mind fly when you stared at your notes and books ....

I can pen this down ... because I was like those who did not do so well in SPM ... I did not work hard enough ... though I did study ... I did not take my studies serious enough to want to work hard .... I hated exams ... I hated the subjects that I took .... my mind is always here there .. though my notes or books may be in front of me. My mind either dreaming of the fun times I can have, where I can go .. what I can play .. or day dreaming of the boys I am interested in ... :0 ... a la ... biasa-la ... teens what .... puppy love .... SPM result was a wake up call for me ... for me not to be lazy ... not to take things and studies for granted ... and not to be arrogant ... it was a wake up call to think and seriously pray over what is God's will for my life .... what God want me to do and be after I finish my studies ...

... God is a God of grace ... God is a God of second chance ... I cried very hard when I received my SPM results because it was not good .. it was boarder line case ... God was gracious enough to give me such a result to allow me entry into form 6 ... and in form 6, I made the choice to really work hard, study smart and I leave my results to God .... I wanted to give God the glory through my studies ... I wanted to shine for Jesus in my studies ... and also because I trusted that my Father had a plan for my life .... a plan that will give me a hope and a future ... I trusted my Father will show me His will and plans for my life -- which will be the best ... but in order for me to reap this, I had to play my part of working hard ... studying smart .. walk closely with my Father ... in my Quiet Time and personal worship .... seeking Him for His plans and will in my life ... and I guess that was why I received my calling to serve Him full time right after I finish my STPM exams ..... God was a God of second chance because He gave me another chance to sit for public exam (STPM) ... indeed He blessed the hard labor of my hands and opened the door to USM ....

Looking back ... indeed I can echo the lyrics of the song :

All the way my Savior leads me
Who have I to ask beside
How could I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide

To those who do well and those who did not do so well .... your Savior will lead you all the way .... in your life journey .... as you trust and obey Him .... honor Him .... and He will honor you ... He will lift you up in due time ... seek Him ... and indeed He shall be found by you ... and He will lead you to His will and plans for you ... He will set your foot firmly in His path .... isn't life exciting? You really do not know what is around the bend that is in front of you ... but He knows ... if you place your hands in His hands and walk with Him ... He will indeed help you to journey and lead you beside still waters .... green pastures ....

Seek Him .... seek His plans and purposes for your life ... and He will open a way for you in the wilderness .... rivers in the desert ... He will open up doors that you will never ever think it will be open to you ... and when He opens the door... the door will be wide open .. no man can shut the door .... may Psalms 25 : 1-7 be the cry of your soul ...

In You, LORD my God, I put my trust.

I trust in You; do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

No one who hopes in You will ever be put to shame,
but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.

Show me Your ways, LORD, teach me Your paths.

Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long.

Remember, LORD, Your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.

Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;
according to Your love remember me, for You, LORD, are good.


No comments: