Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Negaraku .. Tanah tumpahnya Darahku ....

Hopefully the Kementerian Pendidikan will do justice to 9 Jul 2011 incident to pen down the day Malaysians, regardless of race, gender, or age marched down hand-in hand in unity and peace to appeal to the ruling Government for fair elections. I do believe 13 May written in the Sejarah books had been written to project the preferred view of the people in power ... thank God that we now live in the generation of I-phones, Facebook, Twitters, blogs ... You Tube ... at least what actually took place was recorded by many ... pictorially ... live action ... and in words ....

This indeed is a different generation .... total different era ... battles can only be won if we know how to embrace this generation and era ... old weapons and strategies cannot be applied or used .

Emotions ran high for many true Malaysians .... when I read the blogs and articles of those who had graciously penned down their experiences for those like me who did not join --- as I read ... tears flood my eyes .. right after reading my 1st article (Annette's article) I have decided that in the next Bersih (if there is a next time) ... I would like to join in the march for my beloved country as well .... NegaraKu ... Tanah tumpahnya darah Ku ... Rakyat hidup, bersatu dan maju, Rahmat Bahagia, Tuhan kurniakan, Raja kita, selamat bertakhta ...

It is in these moments that I really begin to appreciate and embrace the meaning of our national song --- NegaraKu ... tanah tumpahnya darah ku ... will I be willing to shed blood for my beloved country ... the land where God has given me and placed me in? Don't get me wrong .. m not supporting violence here but ... think about the martyrs of the early church --- the foundation of our church today was the seed of the martyrs that was shed -- starting from Stephen .. (Acts 7:54-8:3) we have praying and crying for revival in Malaysia ... Jesus ... visit Malaysia .... Heal our nation .... Holy Spirit rain down in Malaysia .... I have personally have been fervently praying for my beloved nation, the salvation of my cousins for almost 10 years ... the challenge now : am I prepared to die for the sake of the gospel for my nation? .. OOO ... indeed Negaraku tanah tumpahnya darahku ....

I think one important point that we must not miss out is educating our next generation -- our children and youth to love our nation ... to appreciate the harmony among the race and to love another because there is no distinction in the eyes of God --- be it color, language, age, gender ... social status right to the brand of clothes or shoes one wear or type of car one drive -- because at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow .... every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord ... this is the will of the Father and when God's Kingdom is done on earth ...

Question : What will do you for His Kingdom to come on earth? How will you respond if God were to ask you to be the seed planted for the revival and transformation of our land and our next generation?

No comments: