Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Poem by Thomas Merton

Echoes so much of my heart and journey in this season :

My Lord God
I have no idea where I am going
I do not see the road ahead of me
I cannot know for certain
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact I think
that I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so

But I believe that the desire to please You
does in fact please You.
And I hope that I have that desire
in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything
apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this
You will lead me by the right road
though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust You always
though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death
I will not fear, for You are with me
and will never leave me
to face my perils alone.

No comments: